Monday, December 8, 2008

Missing my Mother

------------
Today has a very special and sad day for me. Today would have been my Mother's 81st birthday. My mom passed away 6 1/2 years ago in August of 2002. My mother was an incredible woman who always put her children first, who cared for others, who was very funny, full of life and was loved more than you could imagine.
So today is a tribute to my mom "Lorraine" and all the reasons I still miss her terribly and wish she was here to call, see my children graduate from school, and continue to be the best mother in the world.
I do know that I'll see her on the Streets of Gold someday and we'll get to talk about everything all over again..( thank God it will be for an eterenity, I don't think we'd have enough time otherwise!) ;)

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

My eyes welled up with tears when I pulled up your blog. Amazing how much it can still hurt after all these years. To say I miss her is such an understatement. So, I join you today in remembering our "Momma" and how much she meant to us, how much she loved us, and how much she did for us.....right up to the end. Happy Birthday Mom....we love you! XO, Kathy

Michelle said...

Tracey,

I know how you feel. My father passed away 5 years ago and Christmas is hard for me because it was his favorite holiday. *sigh*. xoxo Big hugs.

Betty Jo said...

I'm so very sorry for your loss. This post is such a beautiful tribute to your mother. I'm just getting back to blogging after a terrible loss of my own. So glad I followed your link from Daisy Cottage. xoxo

Donna said...

Ooooh, Tracey... I totally understand. I've been doing several posts about missing my mom lately, too. Your mom sounds so special - how lucky you were to have her as your mom! Thank you for visiting my blog lately. I'm sorry I've not been able to get around to visiting everyone - we've had so much going on with a sick kitty and major dental work (for me, not the kitty!!)... Add to that the Christmas season... Well, I'm sure you understand! You know, the nativity figurines may very well have come from Woolworths. I asked my sister if she knew and she said that she remembers mom coming home with one or two figures at a time until she had the whole set (back in the early 1960's)... She wasn't sure what store mom bought them at, but since we did have a Woolworths near us, it's very possible that's where they came from!

Have a very Merry Christmas up in Maine!!! Donna @ An Enchanted Cottage