Sunday, January 11, 2009

A Quiet Snowy Sunday

Today was a very quiet Sunday. My husband was away today so only my daughter and I were at home. We had a great day together. Redecorating her room, moving furniture, reading and then watching a movie this afternoon.. so not much to write about except that I thought I'd open a thought for discussion.

It's Sunday evening and I'll be at work tomorrow and feel that I missed my calling in life. I'm 46 soon to be 47 years old and wish that I had become a decorator, a bakery owner, or even a public relations person. I work in the medical field and do like my job very much but wonder if a different path would have showcased my gifts and talents in a better way had I, at an earlier age, had let the Lord lead my way.





I suppose that I'm were He would have me to be and it's never too late to start a new career, but I do have a tinge of regret not doing it sooner.

So, just a thought about life, paths we take and ponder were we might be if we only listened to God about what He would like for us in our lives.. Happy Sunday Night.. Tracey

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

You know, I have always praised you and your talents. I am totally amazed at your decorating skills.(that's why I copy a lot of your ideas). The saying "Everything happens for a reason" comes to mind of course. But your talents shine through every day. Your home is warm & welcoming. Your decor stylish, and always fresh. Your baking skills serve not just your family, but others that you treat to some freshly baked goodies. You are kind, sweet, supportive and encouraging to others. I am so proud you are my sister. So, all those special gifts you have and use....you are pleasing God everyday. Love you! Kath

Miss(es) Canadian Pie said...

There were a couple of times in my life that I specifically took a different path than I think the Lord wanted me to take. There were so many times that I beat myself up over it because of where I could be now vs where I am. I should have followed my dreams but didn't out of fear, circumstances and on and on. But I recently realized that God doesn't have just one specific path for us. If we detour ourselves, he can always work with what we've done. We just have to offer ourselves back up to him and let him put us back on course. Don't be afraid to perhaps take a leap. But don't let that leap be without some major prayer. Support from your husband. A good vision. An action plan. I'd hate to think that at the end of your life you'd alwaysh wished you had done something other than what you did. We only have this one life. This one body. This one soul. Don't be afraid. Pray on it sister.

Tracey said...

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. I don't ever regret the path I've taken and the family that I have and all that God has provided for me. I am grateful for a second chance and for a family that has always supported me in whatever I do. I don't know if I'll ever really take a leap out of my comfort zone but I'll continue to pray and ask God for guidance and to show me what the future has for me after my last child leaves the nest.

Michelle said...

Dont' you love days like that, Tracey? Oh, I wonder the same thing all the time! I'm in the legal field...and I just have so much more creative energy than to just push paper around everyday. :( Oh well, it brings in the money so I can buy cool things to decorate with, at least!