Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Very Unique Love Story

Today is my Third Anniversary... my husband and I have a kind of unique love story. We had been married for 14 years when things began to unravel and we seemed to take each other for granted. So, we were divorced in 2001.
We had always tried to remain friends and stay in very close contact because of our then 10 year old daughter, Hannah. We attended all her school functions together and made sure she always knew how much we both loved her. In November of 2003 my husband was activated and then deployed to go to Iraq. He spent 12 months there and experienced things I don't ever want to. We talked, wrote and even instant messaged while he was there. During this time I think God spoke to both of our hearts and so we started talking about getting back together when he came home. No, it wasn't easy to start a new, but I knew in my heart Jim's face was the only face I wanted to wake to in the morning and the last I wanted to see at night and I knew we had many more things to do together in our life. With a lot of prayer, (from many of our friends and our church family), and with the presence of Jesus Christ in our lives, we were married again on January 21, 2006.... really the happiest day ever!! It's been three years and we are so happy. Things have changed very much and I believe we owe it to keeping Christ centered in our marriage and in both of our lives. Blessings to all today and help us celebrate!!!


11 comments:

Cathy said...

Wow!! What a neat story of how God can work, especially when we are willing to put in some work, too!! Thanks for sharing that.

Michelle said...

Oh Tracey, what a sweet story. Sometimes you realize what you had (and regret taking it for granted) until it's gone. In your case, really gone as in distance! I'm so glad you two were brought back together. Things are going wonderful for Jim and I and he admitted to me last night he didn't realize what he had until I had left. He's doing EVERYTHING for me and with me now and I feel as though I'm falling in love for the first time. I feel as though we're becoming best friends. :) He feels the same. :)

Congratulations on your third anniversary and here's to many, many more! xoxo

Julie said...

I am out visiting new blogs today and just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed yours! My husband and I were about an inch away from a divorce when God brought us back together again. We am happier now than we have ever been. Thanks for sharing your story.

Joanne Kennedy said...

This is a wonderful story. Sometimes it takes time and distance before we know what we really wanted all along.

Oh and thanks for that water recipe. I'm going to try that out. It sounds great to me!

Hugs,
Joanne

Tracey said...

Thank you everyone for your beautiful comments. I have had a wonderful day with my husband and look forward to many more to come.. blessings to all and blog hugs too... Tracey

Kathleen said...

I hope you had a wonderful anniversary. You and Jim were in my heart. Your love story is amazing. Love, Kath

Miss(es) Canadian Pie said...

Tracey, I just wanted to congratulate you on your wedding anniversary. What an amazing story of God bringing two hearts back together. I'm so glad and thankful that you two found your way back to one another - stronger than ever. I'll say a prayer for you today of blessing for your marriage.

Donna said...

Oh, Tracey - what a wonderful love story - congratulations and Happy Anniversary!! ... Donna @ An Enchanted Cottage

August Rose said...

O'w I am commeting again. What a beautiful Love story. If you need a uplifting book to ready for yourself and your husband, please read " The Power OF A Praying Wife". I am on my third time reading this book. I seem to forget things after a while. So, bless yourself and your mate and indulge yourself in this book.

Joy said...

Wow Tracey, what a great testimony of the power of God. I often forget that God can do anything... thanks for reminding all of us out here in Blogland. I have been divorced also (now re-married), and divorce is so sad. Congrats on your anniversary and many more! This is the first time I've looked at your blog---I will return!

kirimarie said...

Congratulations, what a beautiful story. Thanks for sharing it with us.