Thursday, March 26, 2009

An Award from my sister!!


If many of you haven't figured it out, Rural Maine Life, Kathleen, is my sister!! How lucky am I! She presented me with this award and believe me I'm the one who is lucky to have her in my life. We are 12 years apart,, so when I was 7 she was 19 and out of the house. But as time when by and we both got older,we became closer and closer.

She has always been there for me,, when my first child , Jessica, was born,,she actually got in an accident trying to get to the hospital to see her first niece!! When I got divorced from Jessica's dad, she let my daughter and I live with her till I was able to get to another place. Actually she let me live with her a few times in my life.. she never said no to me... she always helped me out, has been a GREAT, WONDERFUL aunt to my two children, and when my mom passed away, almost 7 years ago..she became even more important. I love my sister very much. I wish we lived closer and were able to visit more. I miss yard saling with her,,having coffee, and going shopping. Believe me when I say,," I have the best sister in the world"!! I mean it!! .. So Kath, thanks for this award, but believe me.. I'm the one who is lucky to have you!!!.......See you Saturday!!!

6 comments:

Kathleen said...

You are making me cry. I hadn't read this yet, when I talked to you this morning. Thank you, can't wait to see you Saturday...SHOPPING! Love, Kath

Small House said...

What a sweet tribute to your sister. I visit your sister's blog and think she is a wonderful lady. I can see all those attributes as you said.
I'm sure she feels the same about you.
Have a great day.
Sandra

Miss(es) Canadian Pie said...

Sisters are wonderful, aren't they? As I've grown older, I've come to love and appreciate my sisters all the more. I truly consider them my best friends. It is too bad that you don't live closer...I can understand that! But I know that when you finally get a chance to be with them, it makes those visits even more sweet. Your sister sounds awesome!

Joy said...

That's what sisters are for... when I was growing up, I sometimes wondered what it would be like to have a sister---I have 3 older brothers! I'm glad you have such a great relatioship with her.

50s Housewife said...

How sweet! What a wonderful post. Wish I had a sister. At least I now have a sister-in-law! :)

Michelle said...

Awwwww...that is SO sweeeet! You both do seem so close! I'm really glad my sister and I are that close as well. I only wished he lived closer. Congrats on your award from your sis!