Saturday, March 21, 2009

Desperate times need desperate help

In this economy, everyone is looking for ways to save. Funny how many years ago I came across these books, whose author lives in Maine, and found it easy to be a stay-at-home mom to my two daughters.
I kept these books with me, used them for guidance and great ideas to cut cost, reuse and re-think items in a whole new way.

The author, Amy Dacyczyn (decision).. helped our family be a one income family back in 1992+.. yes the book was written back in the 1990's, but believe me when I say, there are thrify, frugal ways to save today while our 401K rebuilds itself.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

I HAVE ONE OF THESE SOMEWHERE AND LOVED IT.

HUGS FROM ME

Kathleen said...

I rmember those books..aren't they from like 1990? Hope your day is going well...Luv you Sis, Kath

Miss(es) Canadian Pie said...

I've heard about these and heard they were really good. They have them at my local library but have been hesitant to get them. Only bc I wasn't sure what kind of stuff was in them. I've heard some really goofy "thrifty" ideas before and wasn't sure if this would be more weird ideas. (And by weird ideas, I mean, I've heard of washing your panty hose, putting your stuffing for Thanksgiving in the pantyhose and then sticking it in your turkey to cook...gross!) What kind of stuff does the Gazette have in it?

Tracey said...

Oh, Mandy your funny.. no it has ways to make thrifty dinners, recycling furniture, where to find things in unusual places. New uses for old things, a lunch box makeover.. some are unusual,, some are really good. Like I said, it enabled my family to keep me home during my childrens' early years to make thrify choices.

Joy said...

Tracey, I noticed your faith clip art on your blog. I really like, is it free?

Miss(es) Canadian Pie said...

Thanks Tracey! I'm definatly going to check it out from the library then. We are trying to live a thrifty life because my hubby is the only one who can work still. Thanks for answering me back!

And, I am going to start walking outdoors. Unfortunatly it snowed here today...grr!! But I think I'll give it a go tomorrow. I need some fresh air. Thanks for the encouragement.