Saturday, April 18, 2009

A Fabric and Craft Supply Fair

Today is a rather cloudy, dreary day in Maine. But there is a bright spot. This morning I went to a fabric and craft supply fair in Auburn. I guess this particular church holds this fair every April and I finally found out about it.

The doors opened at 9;00am. I arrived around 8:45 or so and there was a line with about 45 people waiting to get in. I couldn't believe how many people were at the door just waiting to pounce on some terrifice finds.

Once the doors opened to my amazement,, there were tables, and tables covered in fabric, notions, trims, patterns, books and every concievable item for crafting you could think of. There was a table that you could fill a bag of material for 3.00,one for 5.00. I bought some items, trims, material, old bobbins, rick rack and beads and I don't think I spent more than 15.00. It was a lot of fun. The only thing better would have been to have my sister with me to dig through the material. Next year Kath,, plan on it!!

10 comments:

Allidink said...

Oh neat stuff you got! Sounds like it's fun :)

All the best,
Allison

Kathleen said...

Ok, I am just so jealous. You know it. Mark this date down, so I can attend next year. Dreary day? Oh you folks in southern Maine. The sun has been out all day, bright, no clouds, and warm enough to go with out a coat or sweater. I am about ready for a Christmas Tree Shop fix. We have to talk about it! Love, Kath

Miss(es) Canadian Pie said...

How incredibly glorious! And what a neat idea for a craft fair. I've never heard of such a thing...but wish there was one in my neck of the woods! I think we are having the same type of weather going on...today it is pretty dreary...and rainy. Uk. I have to tell you that I like that photo on your blog of the glass of lemonade. It looks so refreshing and tasty.

Tracey said...

I'm ready for a lawn chair, glass of lemonade, my sun hat and sunglasses.... nothing but sun, fun and relaxing!!

Small House said...

What a fun idea!! And great to be the one doing the shopping and the pawing through everything. Do the women sell their own individual items?

HOW does it feel to know that you are a free woman? On Monday, you wake up and do with life whatever you make of it? Oh how lucky you are!!

I'll be thinking of you while I'm driving to work :<

Have a great day!!
Sandra

Michelle said...

Oh I've never been to a fair like that. Gosh, wish I could have gone!! Sounded like fun. You need some sun over there in Maine! I will try to send some of ours your way but not all of it! Lol!

Joy said...

I like the sparkly stuff! I'd be filling up my bag!

August Rose said...

I am a fabric junkie also.

Love it when it's cheap.

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

Wow...what creative inspiration!
You'll have to show us what you make with all your trims.
We don't really have Flea markets or shops with handcrafted items locally.
I can't imagine a market dedicated for a crafters passion. The craft stores just don't carry the vintage items I need.
I can't wait to venture home to So Calif. and shop at all the open air flea markets. The cargo I'll be bringing home,LOL!

Sweet wishes,
Sara

Patty's Stitches said...

Sounds like wonderful bargains and some really great finds! ~Patty