Friday, May 8, 2009

A Chicken Coop

My husband and I have not always seen eye to eye on this issue. When we were first married we always had chickens. Not only chickens, but cows, sheep and geese. That was a lifetime ago. So when he came back from Iraq and fixed our house back up and moved back in he has decided that he wants animals again. I told him only if we had a great coop for the chickens and it was easy to get too in harsh Main winters I'd be more apt to have them again. With him leaving again at some point with the military, I've been hesitant to do it. But after seeing this coop, I'm all for it again. So I'll keep you posted on our chicken situation and when and if the coop ever becomes a reality.. have a good night!

5 comments:

Allidink said...

Aw. Yah the chickens need a little coop to cuddle in LOL.

All the best,
Allison

Michelle said...

Tracey, how exciting!!! I grew up with chickens as well, geese, ducks, pheasants, quails. I'd be so excited if you guys got your chickens and chicken coops!! Might have to come visit to get my chicken fix. LOL!! Keep us updated!

Kathleen said...

Hi Trace...I love this coop. I think it is bigger than my house...maybe I could rent it from you. We are off to the auction tonight...I will tell you all about it tomorrow. Happy Mother's Day, dear sister. Love, Kath

Miss(es) Canadian Pie said...

What a nice coop! Would you/did you sell the eggs? My hubby is trying to convince me to get a pigeon coop. I'm like...nooooooo. Maybe if we lived in the country, but not now.

Hope you have a good Mother's day tomorrow. You're great, just so you know.

Joy said...

Oh man, that is cute! Did he build this? I want one for a playhouse, in fact, I used to play in my Aunt's chicken coop and then come out infested with fleas. I think chickens might be a good idea. Does he have a fenced in area yet?