Monday, May 4, 2009

Plates on the Wall


I too have fallen for plates on the wall. I've spent a lot of time looking for the right size, the right shape, the right embellishment on the plate. I finally found them, found the quote I wanted and hung them up on my living room wall. I've had a blank space for a while and now it's filled. The only other thing I've done is add a ribbon to the red and white plate,, the polka dot black ribbon that is on my door as well. I really love how it turned out and the quote if you are unable to read it is from Herman Melville.." Life is a voyage that's homeward bound".. love that.. love home!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

How adorable!! I absolutely love it, Tracey. :) Love the quote too!

Kathleen said...

You clever girl you. I love it. I'm getting my hair cut tomorrow (I'm tired of looking like Ma) How does "Camp & Cottage Used Furniture" sound? Talk to you later, Hugs, Kath

Miss(es) Canadian Pie said...

What a great quote! Did you use scrapbooking letters to add the quote? I really like how the plates just pop off your wall. Hope you have a great day today, Tracey!!

Tracey said...

Thanks for all the great comments.. I love them too. I used hard bound letters,, yes scrapbooking letters, but more sturdy..I love the plates and the letters very much. Have a great day all!!

Patty's Stitches said...

Love the plates! What an awesome idea! ~Patty

Joy said...

Neat idea Tracey, I've seen words on the wall, but never thought of putting them on plates.

Joy said...

Tracey, I looked at a couple of the blogs you follow: Pleasant View Schoolhouse and 50's Housewife. They are really good--I really enjoy and totally admire Godly women who are proud and happy to be in the home taking care of and loving their children and husbands. We need lots more loving and Godly parents.