Sunday, May 10, 2009

Prom 2009


Last night my daughter went to her senior prom. This was very poignant as this is my last child graduating and going to a High School Prom. The theme was an evening in Paris and the kids all had a great time. My daughter has been friend with some of this kids since nursery school. It's been an amazing road to watch them grow, change and become young adults.


The young man with my daughter is not her boyfriend, but a good friend for many years and they went as friends and had a great time. I was so sad to think this is it and that in less than a month she'll be graduating.... children growing up.... hard to accept.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

SO BEAUTIFUL AND SUCH A SPECIAL TIME.

HUGS FROM ME

Joy said...

Oh, isn't she pretty, and so nice to go with a friend. I know what you mean about them growing up--we hate to let them go... it's bittersweet.

Allidink said...

Aw, she looks so pretty. :)

All the best,
Allison

Michelle said...

Tracey your daughter is beautiful! What an achievement for both her and you. You are a wonderful mother and person. Happy Mother's Day!!

August Rose said...

Lovely, so lovely,

I guess I am an old romantic for I am 39 and still love to see all the girls dresses. I like the different yet, with tradition.

Small House said...

Your daugher is beautiful. Darn they have to grow up.

I've enjoyed catching up on your last couple of posts. LOVE the chicken coop, and what you have done with the plates.

Have a great day.
Sandra

Miss(es) Canadian Pie said...

Your daughter is so beautiful. Hope she had a great time.