Monday, May 25, 2009

Remembering Soliders and Veterans....

Today is Memorial Day. My husband and I are attending our towns local parade in about 2 hours and he will be participating in it. We are both veterans and serve in our local American Legion Post.

I am so grateful for the military personel who fought for our country and preserved our right to be free. If you ever have gone to another country, especially a poor country or one ruled by a not so nice government.. you know that there are many freedoms we take for granted and are blessed to live in a country that doesnt' dictate what religion to follow, what you can and can't say, the right to protest and so on... . So "Thank You" to all the veterans who lost their lives serving our country and fighting to preserve all the freedoms that were fought for during the revolution and in our constitution!

7 comments:

Miss(es) Canadian Pie said...

I want to thank you and your husband for your service. I've always said that serving in the military is just not something I could ever do. I greatly admire those who have dedicated their lives to serving our country. My grandfathers and a few of my uncles all served proudly. It's days like today that I really miss the USA. So proud to be an American. Thank you again.

Tracey said...

Mandi, you are so sweet. Thank you so much for all your support. We thank you so much.

Kathleen said...

I love your post....we need to think about these things more often. Those cupcakes....wish I had more...YUM! Hugs, Kathy

Lisa said...

MORNING FRIEND. I FOUND THIS SITE THAT EXPLAINS THE HOW VERY WELL. TRY IT, AND LET ME KNOW IF IT HELPS OR NOT. WE CAN ALWAYS CALL EACH OTHER AND WALK THROUGH IT TOO. HOPE IT WORKS.


http://blogsolid.com/ideas/2007/bloggercom-custom-header/


HUGS FROM ME

Small House said...

WOW...How blessed we are because of people like you and your husband. THank you.
Hope you enjoyed the parade. And had a wonderful Memorial Day.
Sandra

Michelle said...

What a wonderful tribute to our soldiers. Yes, I cannot imagine what they go through for us.

Michelle said...

By the way, THOSE CUPCAKES. Oh yum!! I've heard of Magnolia Bakery....I feel like I need to make cupcakes now. :)