Saturday, June 20, 2009

A little of what I've been up to....


Here it is, finally the things I've been putting on hold for a very long time and finished a few up so far today.



The first is my bedroom. I found this great saying and had to have it up on my wall in my room. I absolutely love it! I found this lamp at a yard sale with an ugly white shade, so I bought it for 4.00 and recovered the lampshade in some pink ribbon I had. (Yes, my husband lives in a pink bedroom)I also found this great idea from Everyday Velvet and Strawberries. It's taking these great Candylights and covering them with old patterns. It gives off a muted color and a very romantic dim light. I draped them over my headboard and kept it simple.

I also finished a purse I've been working on forever it seems. I made it out of a placemat and did some fun embellisments. I love it and it's fun for a night out or an afternoon of shopping.


So, you see I have had things on the table, just time escapes me and I can't get caught up. I'll be back with more tomorrow.. enjoy your day!!

9 comments:

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

Love the wall poem! It really personalizes your room which is fantastic!

Allidink said...

Hey girl! You've been busy! Cute stuff though! I really like that quote too. I wish I could convince my boyfriend to have a pink bedroom haha. I love the idea with the lights they are so cute!

All the best,
Allison

Jo said...

Love love love the saying above your bead! Is it hand painted?

Joella
www.oneartsychick.blogspot.com

Miss(es) Canadian Pie said...

What a wonderful saying to have above your bed. It truly expresses such love. You're lucky your hubby lets you live in pink. I'm not so sure mine would like it though it's my favorite color. And that purse, by the way is darling! You really are so crafty!!

Kathleen said...

What a crafty sister I have....I knew it all along. I've already told you how much I love the lampshade you made. But those little lights! They look like delicate little roses....great effect. Now I feel sooooooooo behind in everything. I'll have to step it up a little. Love you, Kath PS..things are improving slowly.

Moonspinner said...

Love that wall saying, very nice!

Your clever, I'm not at all crafty, so love to see what others are doing!!xx

Small House said...

I love that your room is pink. I've been looking for a new comforter to jazz up my room and told my husband I was going pink. What a sweet relaxing room
Have a good day.
Sandra

Jessica Cangiano said...

You're room is so sweetly lovely. I adore the text you used on the wall!

Thank you very much for your comments on my blog, I hope you have a gorgeous day, sweet dear!

♥ Jessica

ElementalGrace said...

I love that shot of your bedroom. It looks so sweet and the cachprase above the bed ... lovely.