Monday, June 22, 2009

Reconstructing a Denim Jacket

Well, I'm really not a seamstress, but I have a good gene pool. My aunt Grace was a wonderful seamstress. She sewed for the all prominant people in my hometown of Fitchburg, Massachusetts. She could whip something up in no time. Well, I had this jacket and thought it needed some color. Not quite done, but one sleeve is and I really like how it came out.
Remember, I hate patterns and just have to ponder the design and the way to sew for many hours and then go for it. I hope to finish the other side by Friday. I'll let you know if it happens. Take care and see you all soon.

11 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh Tracie, I absolutely love what you've done to this jacket!! You're so creative. I need to get back into crafting soon! Hope all has been well with you. :)

Lots of hugs!

Michelle

Lisa said...

YES, THIS IS MY KIND OF SEWING. I LOVE IT !!!

HUGS FROM MAINE

Allidink said...

Sweet! It is very cute and vibrant perfect for the upcoming summer nights when it's just cool enough for a jacket :)

All the best,
Allison

Jessica Cangiano said...

What a cute idea! That denim jacket is adorable to start with, but the splash of colour adds so much fun. Great idea for any jacket or blazer that needs a new spark of life :)

Thank you very much for your comment on my blog (Chronically Vintage), I hope you have a gorgeous day!

♥ Jessica

Gingeyginge said...

I love, when old get's a new lease of life

Miss(es) Canadian Pie said...

How funky and fun! I never would have thought to do that. I'm impressed!!

Small House said...

It's turning out great. Great idea for the sleeves! And a very adroable skirt. I'm with you, I don't like patterns either!!

Love the idea! Thanks
Sandra

August Rose said...

love It.... I have several like this I should post.
( ideas that is )

Nothing that I have concreted and done.

Polka dots would be pretty too.

I'm polda dot kinda girl

50s Housewife said...

Cute!! I love it!

Joy said...

Tracie, that is 'sew' creative! I've done something similar to that, put a band of fabric at a cuff, or add a flat pocket to the front,and then you have a new look. Great job, I'm anxious to see it finished!

Moonspinner said...

Tracey I just had to run right over and say that your comments make my day! xxx Love that sexy 4th july pic! Way to go.