Monday, July 27, 2009

Gone Country...

Went to an old country auction with my sister this past Saturday... I mean country. I thought I lived far out.. I drove north to Bangor and then kept driving.. I thought to myself.."Who lives out here?". Anyway, had a lot of fun. Bought an old quilt for 5.00.. a mortar and pedestal made in Italy for about 10.00 and a table and pictures, and a bean pot! I didn't spend a lot and had more fun that a pig in poo...Kept me busy from thinking about hubby.. Saturday night is slated for his return but you never know about planes and such.. maybe it won't be till Sunday. So, another wet Monday here in Maine, so off to work and get started on another week. Have a great day all my blog friends and thank you for all your support!!
(Oh, and my friend and I talked and we are going out of Saturday together).. thank you all!!

9 comments:

Kathleen said...

Trace....I had a blast Saturday night. Auctions are so much fun...looking to see who bids on what, how much are they paying...and those pies! Hope to do it again soon. And thanks for your help packing up my truck. Love, your sis, Kath

Dustjacket Attic said...

Hi there, sounds like you had fun, not too many sleeps to go honey.

Take care,
xxx

Maggi said...

I'm so glad you and your friend are talking! And what finds, awesome!

August Rose said...

Sounds like you had a blast.

great finds; you need to post them.

Have a great week.

justjoycee said...

Sounds like you had a nice relaxing day.....best wishes to you.

Joy said...

Glad you and the friend are talking. Yeah, I want to see the great finds! Hope your Hubby comes home soon... I remember how it felt after my hubby had been on the road for a week or more. Sooooo glad to see him! Like a honeymoon! The dishes and laundry could wait!!!

Michelle said...

Wow you got that stuff cheap, Tracey! Lucky you! How fun that you and your sis can go together. I wish my sister lived closer so we can have more fun together like that. :)

xoxo

Michelle

Joanne Kennedy said...

I've never gone to an auction but have always wanted to. You sure got some great bargins! Good for you!

Hey, next month I'm going on a cruise and we stop in Maine at Bar Harbor. Do you know anything about it? Anything I must see while I'm there?

That is wonderful you lost 6 lbs. Don't worry about cooking for your husband. Just make him the same food. He may not even notice the difference.

What is Zumba classes? I've never heard of it. Is it a dance class? Would love to know.

Hugs,
Joanne

Jessica Cangiano said...

What wonderful finds! I've been itching for a mortar and pestle for ages, but can't seem to find a good one that doesn't cost a small fortune. They are so awesome to have on hand for everything from making pesto to spice rubs.

Thank you sweetly for all of your beautiful comments, Tracey! Have a wonderful Thursday!

Big hugs,
♥ Jessica