Sunday, July 5, 2009

Home from a Wet Vacation


Well, the weather didnt' cooperate, but that was okay. My husband and I had a wonderful time in Boothbay, Maine and enjoyed our time alone very much.

We stayed in this small cottage right on the ocean, and had a lovely fire in the fireplace every night, due to the weather.

We did a lot of getting out. We went to the Maine Aquarium and the Maine Coastal Botanical Gardens. We also went to a play at the Boothbay Opera House and had dinner out many times.

My sister and her husband came up so we went for seafood and an ice cream at this great place in the center of Boothbay Harbor.
Tennis and Hiking rounded out our time on the coast of Maine and yesterday we went to a wonderful old fashioned 4th of July party on the Town Green in Boothbay. What a wonderful wrap up to a perfect week.

Just remember, if you come to Maine in the summer.. don't always count on the weather cooperating!!

10 comments:

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

Your vacation in sounds just perfect! Also, loved your pics! Thanks for sharing!

Kathleen said...

Great photos, Trace. We had a wonderful time with you both. Many thanks for inviting us up. I love the cottage. I want to go back...next summer I guess. Love, Kath

Michelle said...

Wow Tracey, despite the weather looked like a nice, cozy vacation!! Glad you had a great ti
e. :)

dustjacket attic said...

Oh it sounds just fabulous, I love dining out.... and seafood yummy!So nice your back! xxx

Small House said...

The cabin is charming! How fun to get away alone! Sounds like it was a very relaxing weekend.
Back to work now. AUGH!
Sandra

Heavenly Housewife said...

The weather has been really off in the UK too. Last week we were having a heat wave, this week we are having tropical like rain storms! That looked like a very cozy cottage.

Maggi said...

What a beautiful place, I've always wanted to go to Maine!

Joy said...

Hey lady, you had a great vacation. One of the wonderful things about getting away is that you CAN'T do all those tedious tasks that are waiting back home--so you can sit around or play and not feel guilty. That little cottage is cute and cozy! It would be wonderful to listen to the ocean.

Finding Home said...

That cottage is adorable! Even though the weather wasn't what you had hoped, I'm glad that you and your hubby had a good time. I think I'd love to be holed up in a cabin with my hubby for a vacation. :)

Finding Home said...

That cottage is adorable! Even though the weather wasn't what you had hoped, I'm glad that you and your hubby had a good time. I think I'd love to be holed up in a cabin with my hubby for a vacation. :)