Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Moxie Festival

If your not from the Northeast, you probably haven't hear of the soft drink Moxie. It's humble life started as a medicine. It still has a medicinal taste to it, but I love it!! My kids grew up on it. Really, my kids drank it as children and still love it today.
Well, in Maine, Lisbon, Maine to be exact, there is a whole weekend dedicated to this wonderful, unique soda. Yea, a festival. A parade, fireworks, street vendors, road races... and so on. It's a fun time for all and my daughter and her friends went over the weekend and had a blast.

These pics are from "Flickr", and they are from 2006, I forgot my camera yesterday.
If your ever in the northeast, come around and get yourself a drink of Moxie!

8 comments:

Dustjacket attic said...

I have never heard of it before, fancy a whole weekend dedicated to it..wow!xx

Michelle said...

I've never heard of it before but how fun to have a weekend like this! Does it kinda have that taste like Dr. Pepper? I always thought that had kind of a mediciney taste. :)

Hope you had a great weekend! At least the weather is better. :)

Michelle

Heavenly Housewife said...

Interesting because so many sodas started out as medicinal "health drinks". All the diet coke i drink is now actually considered a vice. Weird huh?

Gingeyginge said...

Lovely post

Kathleen said...

I don't know how anyone can drink that stuff. It never tasted good to me. But, the festival is always fun! Your sister

Jessica Cangiano said...

Moxie is new to me too, but I absolutely love their vintage logo and font!


Wishing you a marvelous Tuesday!
♥ Jessica

Torie Jayne said...

Hi, i have never heard of it either, what does it taste like? I love the idea of a whole weekend dedicated to it thou.
x

Mademoiselle Frou-Frou said...

is Moxie kind of like a soda?? never heard of it!!
xox
www.froufroufashionista.blogspot.com