Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I may Join the Army....

If being in the army is about leaving your home life behind and all the troubles of your "normal" life, I may just do it!!..... Just kidding. But it has been 4 days since hubs has been home and let me tell you, what an adjustment. While he was off in Europe, yes working, but also enjoy museums, eating out and such, I was back on the homefront taking care of broken down lawnmowers, fallen trees, wet basements, a college bound 18 year old. Then he comes home and it takes so long for him to reaclimate to being home it's awful. I know this happens all the time to him, but to think I have upcoming months of him being gone and have to readjust everytime he comes back...Well, next time I may go on deployment and leave him to the mundane life of HOME!

8 comments:

Dustjacket Attic said...

Yeah that's tough to try and get back in the groove, re-adjust and then have him leave again. Hang in there honey.xxxx

Kathleen said...

What is up with men anyway? Mine left yesterday...ah, relief. You'll be OK, just roll with it. Love you, Kath

Nora Johnson said...

Men! But try to hang on in there, as my dear blogpal DJ says!

xxLOL LOLA:)
btw just posted my latest Lola Lifeline Column - why not pop over when you've a spare minute -may cheer you up a bit!

MissRedLips said...

men, men, men...if it means lowering your expectations of him next time he comes home so you aren't disapointed, do it just to avoid the irritation, you know? hang in there!!

Amanda said...

Stay strong! My hubby used to be in the navy, so I can sympathize.

It's always difficult to get used to them being gone and at home. Men can be frustrating, but we love them anyway:)

Small House said...

Not a bad idea. Maybe you should find an inexpensive Bed and Breakfast, and take a day for yourself. Might just do the trick for you.

Have a great day.
Sandra

Finding Home said...

Oh man girl, I so thought you were joining up when I first started reading! Sheesh Louise, you had me going! Hopefully things are going a bit better on the home front. But man, I never quiet thought of the readjustment period of military folks and then for their families too.

Allidink said...

You should make him stay home next time! LOL.

All the best,
Allison