Sunday, August 16, 2009

A Tribute to Mom

I know most of you know that Elvis passed away on this day back in 1976....Well it also happens to be the day my mom passed away 7 years ago in 2002.


My mom was wonderful! I know I've posted about her before, but she was! She was wearing pants in the '40's, beehives in the 60's and all that polyester in the 70's! I was recently looking back at pictures and see where I got my design sense. My mother must have repainted and changed decor in our bathroom at least 6 times... always matching and very innovative. She was not only a great mother, but a great Nana to my children. They loved her so much and she them. She often had my oldest child, Jessica with her and taught her old songs and got her to eat some strange and not so strange (but very sugary) things. Jess will always love Moxie and strawberries, cream and sugar. It's a sad day, but my mother is with me still. All I have to do is look into my childrens eyes, their mannerisms and know that Nana lives on in them and the memories that we share. I'll always miss my mother, but am very thankful that I had the mother I did and that she left a legacy for me and my children.

8 comments:

Kathleen said...

Our Mother was a very unique person. I don't know where she got her confidence, her courage, her sense of humor....but she had it all, and more. I thought about her a lot, when I was in Boothbay. I believe she was smiling when I went on the boat ride. 7 years......seems like a lifetime. LOve, Kath

Nora Johnson said...

Dear Tracey,

This tribute brought tears to my eyes - I know how you must feel in your continuing sense of loss. What a wonderful Mom your mother was!

xxx Nora & Lola:)

Gingeyginge said...

Your tribute was so touching. I had to wipe away a tear . I know how hard it is when you just want to reach out and touch them. Or hear their voice on the phone. Time is'ant a healer.It's my Father's birthday on the 25th.It has been 8yrs and it still hurt's the same as that day...Take care, cherish the memory's you had, There worth there wait in gold. x .

Andrea said...

I pray my kids will one day look back and have beautiful and sweet memories as you do of your mom.
Blessings and prayers, andrea

Mandi @ Finding Home said...

What a beautiful post. I'm walking away feeling so touched by your words about your mamma. What an awesome woman it sounds like she was. I'll be keeping you in my prayers today. May your special memories wrap you up and hold you dear.

Dustjacket Attic said...

Oh honey that was a lovely tribute to an obviously beautiful mother. It's great that you have such wonderful memories of such a terrific mother. You are so blessed.

xoxo

Michelle said...

What a wonderful tribute, Tracey. I think mother's are some of the strongest women I know. :)

xoxo

Jessica Cangiano said...

Tracey dear, this is so sweetly touching. Thank you for sharing some of the wonderful memories you have of you amazing and dear mother with us. She truly sounds like a marvelous woman.


Peace & hugs to you, sweet friend,
♥ Jessica