Thursday, September 10, 2009

Can you believe it.. Another Festival!

This one is Greek and it's this weekend in Lewiston. I love this festival. It is so much fun and the food... well the food!!! There is Greek dancing, Greek Food, pastry, a raffle, a white elephant table and a Taverna!!
It's so much fun to learn about another culture and get to enjoy it with people who really know about it and live it every day. They have a church tour also to explain what Greek Orthodox is and a little deeper about their faith. It's a great time to get out and enjoy all the food.. especially the pastry!!

8 comments:

Andrea said...

Sounds wonderful...Hope you have a great time. I (We) love greek festivals and food.

Blessings, andrea

Maggi said...

Greek festivals are so much fun!

Small House said...

HOW FUN!!! Looks as if you live in a great place where they love to celebrate! Have a great day.
Sandra

Karyn Bernard (French Charming) said...

I love Greek Festivals, the food is always so fantastic!! Have fun and eat something yummy for me!!

Michelle said...

Oh how fun, Tracey!! I love greek food....love Spanikopita. Did I spell that right? LOL! Have fun!!

Greatma said...

Hello,
I was in Lewiston a couple of years back, visiting my grandson and family. It was the balloon festival at that time. Enjoyed my visit.Love your blog. Antique Rose

Dustjacket Attic said...

It sounds like a blast, the Greeks are so much fun. I love learning about different cultures too.
xoxo

Jessica Cangiano said...

Scrumptious!!! Ohhhh, you are making my tummy growl with these wonderful food posts, Greek is also one of my fave cuisines. I try to whip up a homemade Greek night for DH and I at least once a month...might have to put a rush on this month's meal ;D


Thinking of you and sending oodles of hugs your way!
♥ Jessica