Friday, September 11, 2009

"Mother India"

Jim and I went to a great restaurant in Lewiston last night...Mother India. I've never had Indian food or anything even close to it. I've read a lot about this place and love to try new things, so I decided we would get out and discover some new cuisine.
Wow.. I loved it!! The food , the smells, the spices! It was just great. All the cardamon...saffron, curry, nuts,,yum!!!
We had Punjabi Nan.. a coconut stuffed bread with saffron and yummy sweet spices. Biryani,,which had lamb, shrimp, chicken and basmati rice and nuts, raisins... oh..it was sooooo good and for dessert a dish called kulfee.. a pistachio ice cream with more nuts..

I am so happy we discovered this little place in a very unique setting. The food was good, the atmosphere beautiful and the service was excellent. Happy to try new things.. you never know what you might discover!

9 comments:

Maggi said...

I have not had Indian food in so long, this makes me want to find some! lol Glad you enjoyed it!

Andrea said...

Sounds yummy.

Dustjacket Attic said...

Oh I've not had Indian for a while now, your've reminded me how much I love it.

Sweet weekend honey,
xoxo

Michelle said...

OH! Indian food is one of my FAVORITES!! How exciting that you finally got to try it. Yes, the spices are definitely what make it. :) Have a great weekend, Tracey!

Lots of love and hugs...xoxo

Michelle

Karyn Bernard (French Charming) said...

I love finding new restaurants! I've only had Indian food once and I loved it, especially the rice!

Hope you're having a great week!

Hugs,
Karyn

MissRedLips said...

isn't it the best when you discover new foods you love?! and i agree about indian food, i'm a huge fan! biriyani-yum!!!

thank you so very much for your comment today! it really meant a lot to me. i'm just taking one day at a time, and going from there.

xoxo,
missredlips

Jessica Cangiano said...

Ooohhhh, Indian food is one of my absolute favourite cuisines! I lean towards the mild dishes myself, and especially love naan bread, kormas, tikkas and desserts!

You've got me craving these splendid flavours now :)


Oodles of hugs & joyful Wednesday wishes, sweet dear!
♥ Jessica

Small House said...

So glad your husband took you there to eat. We have what I've heard to be a wonderful Indian resteraunt, and i can't for the life of me talk anyone in my home to give it a try with me. I'm on my own.

After your post, I'll probably give it a try this weekend.
Sandra

Karyn Bernard (French Charming) said...

Just popping in to say hello! Hope you're having a great week!!

Hugs,
Karyn