Wednesday, September 30, 2009

While Hubs is away....

Wow,, I can't believe my husband has been gone again for over a week and is due home on Sunday. It's been a fast and busy time while he's been away, but I have noticed with him gone a couple of things.
1. My living room carpet is clean. Not nearly as much vacuming.
2. Less dishes in my sink. I only eat breakfast at home.
3. Where is all the dirty, ( I mean dirty) welding clothes to wash?? and towels...hardly any.
4. I can sleep soundly.. ( you know what I mean )
5. My kitchen table is clear from desbris, mail, papers, reciepts, ear plugs...........


I love my husband to pieces and really do miss him, but I never really realize just how messy a man can be around a house. My kids weren't this messy when they were home. Well, he'll be home in about 4 days and it's back to normal. Hope you all have a great day and enjoy this wonderful day!! October tomorrow!!!

9 comments:

Andrea said...

Hope GOD blesses your time while HE is away and helps you to rest better. I understand, I do not rest well if my hubby is not near.
Andrea

Sea Witch said...

Blessings to you and your hubbie. I know exactly what you are saying, they leave the toilet seat up, use every glass in the cupboard, and leave man stuff around...I always miss them when they are gone too. LOL. My honey is leaving for a long hunting trip to upstate NY next week. He has been hunting with this group of men for over 20 years now. Our home will be neater and quieter and I will miss him terribly. Sea Witch

Maggi said...

My hubby is the same way! lol I wouldn't change a thing though! hee hee

Gingeyginge said...

Thats why were here to mother/smother them!!

Small House said...

How I wish I could agree with you. But it seems at my house I'm the one making the biggest messes. Sometimes I get frustrated and raise my voice "Everybody, clean up your messes." Then realize...."OH...It's my mess. HA."

It is nice when they come home though after being away.
sandra

Heavenly Housewife said...

I'll tell you something funny. When my hubby is away the house is messier. Hubby is a neat freak. I clean to keep him happy. But when he is gone, there is stuff all over the floor and the counter... it all gets cleaned up the day before he gets home.

Kathleen said...

Well, I eat better (Healthier)when the Man is away. Also there is much less chaos. And yes, the house stays cleaner...no boots everywhere, shirts. And the phone rings less often. But, I'm always happy to see him when he comes home. Go Figure! Hugs, Kath

Jessica Cangiano said...

*Phew* Ok, so I'm not the only who noticed the dramatic decrease in housework when (their) hubs isn't around for a little while. Very good to know! :D


Wishing you a beautiful Thursday,
♥ Jessica

Joy said...

Yep, things are quieter, and less messy when they are gone--but it can be a tad lonely also. I totally understand what you mean. Both me and my husband keep things pretty neat--but I'm the 'neatest' of the two--heck, when I was a kid, I used to comb the fringe on my area rug--I've lightened up quite a bit!