Sunday, October 18, 2009

An Autumn wreath

Well, I've had this window a very long time and could never decide what to do with it... so I examined what I had in my living room and decided to move all my pictures, which are all in black frames and hung them over my television and then took this window,, spot painted it black and took a grapevine wreath I had and decorated it with stuff I had around my house. The baby boo pumpkins are from my garden and the tags I bought and one I made.
I think it adds a nice holiday touch to the room and plan on changing the wreath with the seasons. I think I'll add some small shelves on the right side and continue the seasonal theme on the little shelves. I'll have another picture when it comes all together.. but remember, look around your own home and see what you have to make something seasonal.. it's easier than you think!

10 comments:

Jessica Cangiano said...

What a wonderfully lovely idea! Your wreath is so pretty and I deeply like that you hung a window as wall art - brilliant!


Hope you have a deeply marvelous Monday & week, sweet friend!
♥ Jessica

Dawn said...

The window display adds so much depth to a room, love the wreath!

Dustjacket Attic said...

I was inspired recently to do seasonal wreaths, I love your ideas.

Hope you had a great weekend,
xoxo

Small House said...

SO PRETTY! I did something like this in my bedroom. EXCEPT...I had to use a picture frame. I really like the old window much better! Thanks for sharing!! LOVE IT!
Sandra

Kathleen said...

Hello Sister dear...As always you are so imaginative and crafty! You and I must be the creative ones in the family, 'cause I know the other two are not. Yesterday, me, Bobby, Sean, Vicki, and Lyle worked on cleaning up the yard. It's looking good. I need to decorate more around the house. LOve your wreath. and the window! Love, Kath

Maggi said...

I love it, it's beautiful with the window!

Michelle said...

Tracey that wreath is beautiful! You're so creative. That mirror that's behind the wreath looks identical to one I have in my bedroom! It's a mirror, right? :) Hope you're having a great week so far!

Lots of love and hugs.

xoxo

Michelle and her kitties :)

Laura said...

How pretty eveything is-
I enjoyed visiting,

Laura

Sea Witch said...

I love wreaths, I have them throughout my house and in different mediums. They are such a welcoming look and yours is lovely. Sea Witch

Simone said...

Hi Tracey

I loved reading your comment to my Italy post today....thank you so much.

I was born in Wales and all my family are from there so it's very close to my heart. Any idea where your grandfather was from exactly?

My father in law left Italy at 16 to find work and came to Wales....before then moving to and settling in London. He always said that the hills of Italy where he was from were very similar to the hills of Wales and that's why the Italians who left Italy went there, it reminded them of home.

I hope you make it to Italy....I am sure you will, it will be so worth it, you will fall in love with it!

Have a lovely week-end,
Best wishes,
Simone