Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A College Weekend


This past weekend I was able to go to parent weekend at Thomas College where Hannah is a freshman. What a great weekend to spend with my daughter. Her father was still away with the military so I ventured on my own. After registration time, with coffee and snacks, Hannah and I went back to her dorm room to drop off some of my things and headed back to the lunch area for a Bar-B -Q..well an indoor one as it was raining. We had a great lunch together and talked a lot. After lunch I headed to my bed and breakfast I was staying in to drop off my luggage and freshen up a little.

Soon, heading back to Thomas' with one little surprise. Hannah's father would be joining us..she was unaware. He showed up in uniform and we were both so happy to see him. Went to dinner, then a show at Thomas with a ventriliquist, she was great, and then a little late night Bingo!!! I sat with Hannah and her friends and what fun!! We had brunch the next day at school, there were soccer games, field hockey games and crafts to do.. so much for one weekend. We had a great time together and it felt good to see her in her enviroment. She'll be home this weekend and can't wait to see her again. Funny, I never thought I'd miss her this much. Have a great Tuesday and sorry for the long absent.

9 comments:

Kathleen said...

How wonderful that you all had such a great time! Looks like they kept you quite busy. You will have to tell me more, give me a call when you can. Lyle will be home this week. Have you decorated for Halloween yet? Hugs, Your sis, Kath

Dustjacket Attic said...

That really sounds the best. What a fantastic suprise for your husband to arrive, wow!

Really is a heartwarming post my dear,
xoxo

Maggi said...

Wow, how cool that your hubby was able to come and surprise her!

jordiegirl said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend. Lovely to hear about what you did.

Mandi @ Finding Home said...

What a great weekend! And I bet it was even better that your hubby got to show up for the suprise. Gotta love Bingo. Did you get to shout that magic word (Bingo) at all? Glad you had such a good time with your family!

Allidink said...

Aw how fun! I know she'll have a great time there! What a great surprise that he could come! :) Hope you're well!

All the best,
Allison

Jessica Cangiano said...

You're such an amazing mom, I bet Hannah was utterly thrilled to see her parents again! It was really sweet of you to spend the weekend with her!


Tons of hugs & joyful Thursday wishes,
♥ Jessica

Dawn said...

Hi Tracy, I try not to think about being a empty nester, boo hoo. You seem to be doing o.k with it, and I'm glad your husband was able to join you all.
Thanks for becoming a follower of mine, I've been a commenter on your big sister's blog for awhile and it will be a pleasure to be here also! Kathleen is a sweetheart!

Lisa said...

HEY, YOU WERE THAT CLOSE AND I DIDN'T KNOW IT!!!

I LIVE JUST DOWN THE STREET...

AAAHHHH, I MISSED YOUR VISIT. WELL, I KNOW IT WAS FOR YOUR DAUGHTER BUT WE COULD HAVE HAD COFFEE. DARN.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW THE VERY NEXT TIME YOU COME THIS WAY. HEY, DOES YOUR DAUGHTER NEED A "HOME" AWAY FROM HOME DURING THE WEEK. HERE I AM.

HUGS FROM ME