Friday, November 13, 2009

Fun days with Family and Friends

I've been out of the loop for a while.. husband gone and staying pretty busy. Working, exercising and hanging with friends and family.

Last weekend my sister came down from Millinocket and we went shopping and to craft fairs. It was a lot of fun. We always go to a place that has the "Winterberry Craft Fair". It's put on my the Women's Literary Union in Auburn, Maine and it's beautiful. We had scones and tea in a beautiful sitting room , with fine china and surrounded by beauty.



I also went with a friend and her children to a card making night. The night was about making and sending cards to troops overseas. Of course I dug right in since mine is heading there in a few months. This was a remarkable lady who has been doing this since 1968!! Wow.. that's patriotism!!


So you can see I've been busy and with working it's been good to stay this busy. I've been checking on all your blogs and reading, I may not always leave a comment, but count on the fact that I am reading and checking in often. Have a wonderful day all... Friday the 13th! I've already had mine last Friday... that's another story.

11 comments:

Kathleen said...

Love the Winterberry pics. Where is the photo you took of me? Did it come out too awful? I admire you for all your committments, and your busy schedule. It's just not in me.....must be some sort of defect. Glad to hear all is well with the girls. Love you, sis! Hugs, Kath

Dawn said...

You both sound like you had a great time!

Andrea said...

Blessings and hugs,
andrea

Heavenly Housewife said...

Sounds like a fab day :). Arent scones just divine??? Have a wonderful weekend. *kisses* HH

Sea Witch said...

I see you are reading "The Lovely Bones"...one of my favorite books. Powerful, renewing, and justice! BTW, you are one of my winners in my 100th post giveaway. Swim on by and check it out. Sea Witch

Michelle said...

Hi Tracey!

Well it certainly looks like you're keeping busy and that's wonderful! You and your sister have so much fun together. I so wish I lived closer to my sister. Thank you for visiting me...I love it when you come by. You always brighten my day!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend...am getting back into the swing of things. I'm looking at what I am grateful for and that is definitely helping my attitude.

xoxox

Michelle and the kitties.

Jessica Cangiano said...

Hi Tracey dear, scones, cards for an awesome cause, that sounds exactly like my kind of week! :)

Thank you very much for your lovely comment. No need to worry in the least about when you write. I fully understand that it can be hard to put pen to paper sometimes when your in certain types of mind spaces. I know that depending on how I'm feeling/what's stressing me out at a given moment can really influence which of my correspondents I write to on a given day. I'm alway here, so please don't ever feel rushed on my part.


Wishing you a serene & beautiful weekend, my friend,
♥ Jessica

Dustjacket Attic said...

Hi honey,
that's great that you are out and about, havin' some fun. Mmm the scones and tea sound nice.

What a great lady for doing the cards that long, wow.

xoxo

Small House said...

You are busy. Glad you could spend time with your sister. When those we love are gone, it's always best to keep busy!
Sandra

Jessica Cangiano said...

Hi Tracey dear, just zipping by to wave a cheerful "hello", and to say thank you very much for your wonderfully kind comments. I really hope that you're well and having a great week.

Tons of hugs, sweet friend!
♥ Jessica

Michelle said...

Tracey, thank you SO, SO much for coming by and leaving your well wishes for all of us. You always touch me when you leave me messages....I had tears welling up in my eyes. We are all doing better...Mocha is eating and drinking on her own again but she is taking her time. She's more alert and meows for food now so hopefully that is a good sign! Your prayers helped us...and I can't thank you enough.

I will be sending something to both you and your sister (you are both dear to me) before Christmas (and please DO NOT think you need to return the favor). This is from my heart because you two are wonderful to me!

Lots of love and hugs...hope you are doing well!

xoxo

Michelle, Mocha, Quincy and Emma. :)