Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Years Eve!!!

Well,,here in Maine we are expecting on heck of a snowstorm..... a Nor'Easter as we call it in the northeast... this should be one whopping storm..I'll show pictures during the white out they are calling for this weekend.

So, today is all about getting ready,, movies, food, popcorn and wood for the fire. I plan on going shopping this morning and picking up a few things. Our plans for the night are simple.. a movie, Sherlock Holmes, and dinner. Hope by 8pm as we are going to the last matinee of the day at 4pm and then to eat.
As I've gotten older, the need for going out has really disappeared. I have no need to stay up and wait for some magical moment at midnight, or to overstuff or overdrink myselft so New Year's Day is impossible to recover from.... especially the guilt of over indulgence.
With that,,, it's a quiet day, a quiet night and I'll see next year in the morning....Happy New Year to all.....Blessings for a great and wonderous new year!

7 comments:

burlap + blue said...

I love a good snowstorm myself...any excuse for staying in and watching movies by the fire works for me! Being down in VA, though, it doesn't happen too often!!
Happy New Year!

Gingeyginge said...

Happy New Year

Small House said...

SO....do they shut the town down? If you get a storm like that are you expected to be at work? We get a bit of snow in Utah, but I don't think quite as much as you do. You guys are being pounded this year.

Enjoy the quiet, movies and popcorn. What a great combination!
Happy New Year.
Sandra

Dawn said...

Hubs is still out working, finding frozen homes left and right (we have a heating sales and service) My only hope is for him to make it home for the big ball to drop. Happy New Year!

Connie said...

Hope you enjoyed the movie and dinner and you got home before the storm hit!
Happy New Year!

Dustjacket Attic said...

Sherlock was Great!

Happy New Year, wishing you SO much happiness in 2010.
xxx

Nora Johnson said...

My dear Tracey!
A very Happy New Year to you & yours!
It’s been a wonderful year knowing you! Only sorry I’m not able because of work (ugh!!) to get out & visit yr great site more often!
Mwah!
Hugs

XoXo Lola & Nora:)