Friday, March 26, 2010

Thrifted Candles Sticks

Yes, I'm trying very hard to get back in the swing of things.. I cruised through a Goodwill not so long ago and found these great items....2 cylinder vases and two glass candle sticks...

I really wanted hurricane or apothecary like candle holders instead... so with help of my glue gun... I adhered the vase to the candle stick, added some craft sand, a candle and some ribbon and I have exactly what I wanted for under 7.oo... how great is that!!



I love how it came out and can't wait to redo my living room.. chocolate brown and sea foam green... love it!! Getting my new couch soon!! will post when it's complete.. but here's a peak at the inspiration!

8 comments:

Nora Johnson said...

Wow! Tracey, they're beautiful and unique! Lovely color scheme too for your living room - just right for summer!

Wishing you a great weekend!

XOXO LOLA:)

Dawn said...

Oh, how cool!

Kathleen said...

Great job! Love the color, and your cretive idea. By the way, no peeps for Han, and there are some non-particles for Jess....shipped the package out this AM. Let me know when it arrives. Hugs, your Sista!

Michelle said...

You are so incredibly creative, Tracey!! Miss you! So sorry I haven't been by. Like your sister, I have been in a horrible depression for awhile but I think I am finally coming out of it...despite the ever continuous days of rain *sigh* Hope you're doing well!!

Lots of love and hugs from all of us...

Michelle and the kitties :)

Connie said...

Absolutely beautiful! You're not only creative but thrifty! Can't wait to see your new couch!

Mandi @ Finding Home said...

How smart are you?! It looks like each piece was made for one another. I love the colors you are using in your new living room. I can't wait to see it! Hope you are having a great week so far. And hopefully enjoying your new couch!

Small House said...

Very clever and pretty to boot!!
Catching up on all that I've missed. Darn you've not been feeling well. Sounds like a bit of the blues to??? Get feeling well!!
Sandra

Michelle said...

Thinking of you, Tracey! Hope you're doing well. :)

xoxo