Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Trying a new way.....

Tonight I am going Nordic Walking...


it's like cross country skiing, only no snow..sounds like it should be fun and energizing so I'm going to give it a try.

I'm trying a few new things to try and alter my mood.... I've decided that I can say "NO" to people, I can be an active spectator and not an active participant when I don't need to be, I've decided to keep my expectations to a reasonable level, I've also decided my health is really important and I need to vary my exercise and try to really, really watch what I eat.

This is taking a lot of prayer and active consciousness to not overreact and to be mindful of my actions and what is important and what I have control of and what I don't!

It's taking a lot of effort, but I think in the end it will so payoff!!

Also, Have to add that I'm a Glee fan.. and boy did I cry last night!! Great show and can't wait for the new season!!!

Have a good day!!

8 comments:

grammie g said...

Hi Tracey!! Good attitude--hope it pays of for you!!! I know when I get out side in my gardens or walking or just taking in a half hour sitting in the sun it is a great help!!!
Keep the faith and do the best you can!! God Bless!! Grammie Grace!!

Nora Johnson said...

Good luck Tracey!

I find, too, exercise´s always energizing!

XOXO LOLA:)

jordiegirl said...

Let us know how you get on. I have seen people doing that walking around the roads here on the way to school etc.

The 'bonnet' of a car is the cover over the engine, I think you call it the hood - am I right.

We call the space to store your luggage the boot and I think you call it the trunk.

I wonder where these names come from, when you think about it they are strange. Bonnet and Hood, things you would wear on your head!!! Trunk and Boot - what can I say! one is storage (or on an elephant - lol) and you where a boot!!!!

Glad you like my English.

Have a good day.

Gingeyginge said...

Thank you for stopping by.x.

50s Housewife said...

I've never heard of Nordic walking. Sounds interesting. Hope you enjoy it!

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Good for you! Keep it up! I remember how hard times would get while raising our 4 children! Exercise always calms the soul!

Hugs,
Maryjane

Mademoiselle Frou-Frou said...

that actually sounds interesting...i'm looking for a more exciting way to burn calories!
good luck.
xox alison

Deb said...

This is my first visit to your blog. Sounds like we may have a good bit in common. Exercise is just the hardest thing for me...I need to try somthing new, I think. Enjoyed poking around your blog and look forward to coming back!