Wednesday, August 4, 2010

August

I can't believe August is already here. It's been warm here in Maine most of the summer and things are growing in the garden like crazy. I already made 8 pints of Strawberry Jam, 9 pints of Raspberry jam, froze beans and spinach and now gotta do something with all this squash that's coming in!! I feel like there aren't enough hours in the day to finish everything that is going on. I have a craft room full of stuff, kitchen cabinets that need to be stained and the rest stripped. Floors that need washing and cleaning.... how do you get everything done in one day!?

I've also been struggling with my weight which is making me crazy!! I zumba, swim, kayak, hike and still am gaining weight. I'm seeing a dietician in September to help me. There is nothing wrong with me as far as I know.. all the test came back normal.. just can't rid myself of this FAT!!


This is also the first year I'm not sending anyone off to school. It;'s a little depressing. My daughter Hannah has decided not to return to college right now and she is in a "lost" zone. I hope she finds her way out.
So, as you can see, I've missed blogging, but have had a lot on my plate right now.. I'll be back with a vengance soon!!! Have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

grammie g said...

Hi Tracey....I could say "join the club" but I won't because I know what its like ...when its your own crap and its bugging you.. you don't want somebody going off on the well thats nothing let me tell you about my "blah- blah- blah-"!! : }
The jam sounds great....I used to do all that when it wasn't just me...my favorite is raspberry...and at Christmas..." hint hint ; } !! Just kidding have a good day....
Try not get to flustrated it's going to be hot and muggy ...play it cool!!

Mandi @ Finding Home said...

I can definatly understand what you are feeling. I look around my house and my kitchen is my biggest bug - wall color and cabinets need changed! Don't worry Tracey - it will all get done. One day at a time. Things will work out with your daughter. I know that I took some time off before officially enrolling into school and it was the best thing for me. Maybe taking some time will help her just focus and figure out what she wants in life. Hang in there Tracey! You rock! And don't forget it. Enjoy the rest of your summer!

Michelle said...

Hi Tracey! That is so wonderful that your garden is going crazy. I can't believe how much jam you have made!! Maybe the weight you are gaining is all muscle especially with all that activity! Things will settle down soon, I'm sure! They always do. :) Hang in there. xoxo