Sunday, October 3, 2010

Maine has been Frosted!

Yeah.. it's true. This morning there is frost on the pumpkins, literally! I looked out my window and saw the frost covering my pumpkins. So, after trying to wake up a bit, I started a fire in the wood stove to warm things up a bit. I'm sure the temp will rise by noon, but there is something cozy and snug about getting the wood stove going.
My husband is away right now with the National Guard, so I'm home alone getting some things done and getting my home ready for Halloween. I love Halloween!! The vintage decorations, pumpkins and knowing that the heart of autumn is near.
I enjoy looking for decorations for Halloween, but I have to say I'm a little particular. I love the vintage, paper mache looking figures.... and the rest has to be not chintzy. When my kids were little, I loved all the fun, out there items, but now, since it's my home... I can do what I want and what I love. I've searched ebay, Christmas Tree Shops, and TJ Maxx for some fun items that remind me of 1950-60's Halloween items. Not too much luck, but enough to get myself going.



When I was at TJ Maxx, I saw a picture that was great, but thought,"I can make that",, so I came home, got a frame, a little vintage trick or treat bag, some pipe cleaners and some old letters for background and came up with the exact same thing...much less expensive too!



I also made a witches hat, (a blog last year made this and it was awesome) it's a fun piece to just prop up in my living room. So here are some pictures and some fun things to do for Halloween.

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

BRR....I had to turn on the heat this AM. Chilly-willy. Love your new Halloween items. I am starting to get in the mood too. I have tons of decorations for this holiday. I would love to get to the Christmas Tree Shoppes.....but not having a car, makes it difficult. Sounds like you are doing well, GOOD! I think I am coming down with a cold. :(
Love, your Sista!

grammie g said...

Hi Tracey....You live practically around the corner ...I didn't get any here of ""course I don't have any pumkins"" lol : }
Your new blog ....you sure change your mind often!! Like it!!

Nora Johnson said...

It's fall here in S Spain - nights getting dark and cold! brrrh!

Love yr new blog!

XOXO LOLA & Nora:)