Saturday, October 16, 2010

A perfect ending to a unsettled week!

Yesterday was a lot better than the rest of the week held for me. I went shopping with my youngest daughter, and we had a great time. We went to Old Navy, Target and then lunch and then to the grocery store. It was fun to be with her. Since she moved out about a month ago, I've missed spending time with her a lot! One thing that has happened since she has left, we actually get along much better. We can spend our time talking about what is going on in her life, I let her lead and just listen (this is very hard for me)... but it's working!
We went back to the apartment she shares with my oldest daughter and I helped her put things away and clean up a bit. It's good to see her on her own, but I still miss the daylights out of her!

So, I came back home and my husband and I went to see the movie "Secretariat"...great movie.
I remember when he raced back in 1973, but the see the background story and see the race again, was wonderful! The story is so feel good, and about following a dream and never quitting. Made me realize that anything is possible. By the time we left the theater, both of us were teary-eyed. I have to say a great ending to a rather troubling week. Thank you God for reviving me and lifting my spirits! thanks for all the prayers too!! Love to all!!

2 comments:

Sea Witch said...

I understand you missing your daughter, but you will find that she will return as an adult. The change from child to adult was most notable in my youngest son. While at home, he always felt that he had the answers to everything, that he knew life in the real world. It wasn't until he left to live on his own that reality came as a light blinding revelation. Give her the space she needs, she will then fill yours. Sea Witch

Serendipity Chic Decor said...

Hi Tracey....I am so happy you came across my blog. I would love for you to stop by often.

There is nothing better than spending time with your children. Mine are still young (10-14) and I am dreading the day the are gone. Actually I guess my 14 year old isn't to far off.. :(

You sound like you are adapting to your daughter being on her own. I can tell you are a fabulous mom!