Saturday, November 27, 2010

Bedroom Redo

If you have followed by blog for any amount of time, you know all about my daughter's HOT PINK bedroom.



Yes, it was HOT, HOT PINK!
Well, she moved out 2 months ago and I got to have the biggest room in my house back!!!
It's now MY bedroom.

Primer, Primer and Paint and the room is now a grayish/blue with brown accents and a beige accent wall for relief from all that blue.


She did int' like the closet doors so she used black curtains to cover the closet. Well, can't find the doors so I bought 2 brown table cloths and turned them into my new closet "doors".
Love the look and how it gives just more impact on that wall.

I also am in love with New Orleans... so, I tried to find pictures in a book, but instead, searched the Internet and printed off some black and whites of the great city and hung them in frames that use to house vintage handkerchiefs.



My daughters unused clarinet hangs all the wall to emphasize New Orleans Jazz.. Wreaths I made and my collection of hand mirrors on the other wall.


Happy, Happy, Happy describes how I am with the way my new bedroom turned out!

5 comments:

grammie g said...

Hey Tracey...WOW....you did good girl!
Amazing how you can make a room look so different...I really like the brown and blue combination of colors!!
Great idea for the closet with the table clothes for curtains!!
How cool the way you used the clarinet...great thinking!!
And using what you had to work for ya good stuff!!
Your a class act my friend!! : }

Mandi @ Finding Home said...

It looks great! What a difference from the pink. What color/manufacturer blue did you use? It's so pretty! I'm thinking of painting my living room blue. Love the idea of printing off the photos of New Orleans too. I never would have thought to do that! Great job my friend!

Mandi @ Finding Home said...

It looks great! What a difference from the pink. What color/manufacturer blue did you use? It's so pretty! I'm thinking of painting my living room blue. Love the idea of printing off the photos of New Orleans too. I never would have thought to do that! Great job my friend!

Debbie said...

You did a great job! I especially love how your cute little dog is looking like he is checking out the room too!! That's a lot of work. I love the idea of the clarinet in a frame and the New Orleans photos. I was at the Mardi Gras in the 70's. It was a blast. You know....I liked the pink too but for someone else not me! Ha!

Joy said...

It looks nice Tracey. Good colors! I do like hot pink, but... maybe not THAT much! LOL! Hope you are doing well.