Monday, November 8, 2010

"It was a dark and windy night....."

It was,, really. Dark and Windy. Very, Very Windy! I thought the house was going to leap up from the foundation and head to Kansas...


or maybe Bill Pullman and Helen Hunt would stop by......


It was that windy. Trash cans blew around and left my yard. Tree branches fell. Water pooled in the back yard, Sump Pump on and then.... Electricity OUT!!! For about 6 hours we were without electricity. I made my husbands breakfast and lunch by candlelight and then headed back to bed in hopes the lights would come back on. Around 9;15am.. Lights, camera, action!!! WE were in good shape. The cellar emptied itself with water, the fridge was on and I could make COFFEE!!! A great day otherwise. Getting more done all the time now that I'm not working as much. Have a happy Monday night!!

3 comments:

grammie g said...

Hey Tracey...windy is not the word for is it!!
I think my house probably knows what it feels like to go through a car wash...there wasn't a window all around the house that wasn't drenched in water!! We did some shaking here to!!
Missed you Sunday you funny girl you!!
Hope we get better weather for the rest of the week!!
Hugs for my friend!!

Andrea said...

Blessings and prayers,
andrea

Michelle said...

Coffee after a night like that is definitely called for! That sounds crazy, Tracey!! We haven't had that kind of weather in a long time. I can't even imagine what it would be like to live through a tonado or twister! Ugh! Hope everything is well and in place. Sorry haven't been by lately...life has been nuts lately! Lots of love and hugs. xoxo