Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A special Day..

Twenty years ago today my beautiful Hannah was born.. where has the time gone??? Not really sure. It seems like just yesterday we were having tea parties, making playdough, reading at bedtime and watching Barney.
The passing of time is a great thing. We move on and develop into who God wants us to be. But there is also a sadness that comes with that. I would never want my daughter to not grow into a Godly woman and achieve all the things He has planned. But for her mother, (me) it's a passage of time that makes me long for the little girl she use to be.
So, today, I'm happy she is growing and becoming a wonderful woman... but at the same time I mourn the time we used to spend together every day developing our relationship. But I suppose that is God's plan. To have that time when your children are young to bond and teach them and then to let go and let them develop into the person God has made.


I miss my little girl, but love the woman she has grown to become.

6 comments:

grammie g said...

Hey Tracey...Beautiful post with heartfelt words of love .
Also beautiful daughter.
My oldest will be 45 in two weeks ..I can't even begin to think about the years and where they went!!
Happy Birthday to your baby!!

grammie g said...

PS ...HAVE A SAFE TRIP!!

livegreenlovemuch.com said...

Such a sweet post. My children are still young and this makes me cry. It is already going to fast but I do want them to grow with God's will. It is still hard! Thank for sharing.-Jenn

Lola said...

Congrats belatedly to yr lovely daughter! Apologies - a bit late but been so busy lately!

Hope you all have a good weekend!

XOXO Lola:)

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday, Hannah! You are as beautiful as your mom (of course). :))

Joy said...

Oh, I so know what you mean. My little girl will soon be 34, and just thinking about how the years have gone by, just brings stinging tears to my eyes. I wish I could go back and hold and hung that sweet little body for a day--or more! Your daughter is so pretty!