Friday, July 29, 2011

Limerick, Maine

Well, my husband and I are back from a wonderful time in the small town of Limerick, Maine and neighboring town, Newfield. This was a spur of the moment getaway and I am so glad we were able to sneak away for a couple of days. If you have a husband like mine, the only way to get him to relax and really spend time with me is to get him away from the house. As long as we are home,, he can always find something to keep him busy. The garden, the lawn, getting wood ready for winter...etc.... All of which is important to do, but not being able to stop once in a while is the tough part.
So, we took off Wednesday and Thursday for a quick trip the the western part of the state. Here are just some pictures of where we were and what we did...
Jeremiah Mason House

Another view of the B&B

Blurry pic of our room

another view of our room

The Best Tea House in New England

The room we had tea in

Beautiful Chandeliers hang in each room..

The Tower of London..Tea For Two

Willowbrook Museum in Newfield

My husband and I enjoying our day

6 comments:

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

I just love getaways like that ~ It looks
so beautiful there!!

grammie g said...

Hey Tracey...fabulous..happy that you got away!!
Those pictures bring back memories of some B&B that I stayed in...they made you feel like royalty!!

Sea Witch said...

Wow, I am sea green with envy. My honey and I love to get a way and meander roads. High tea is so much fun too. Don't know if my honey would enjoy it as much as I would...he would prefer something more like "High Bourbon". Sea Witch

Anita @ Cedar Hill Ranch said...

Oh that looks like such a romantic place and the tea looks wonderful. Wish I were there.

Joy said...

That is great that you were able to get away. I have to admit, I've a tad envious. I wish me and my husband could get away---from each other!! Hahahahaaaa... I'm just kidding. We would like to head up to the Black Hills in South Dakota. When we have the time, we don't have the money, and vice versa. Glad you had a great time with your husband. It looks like such a lovely place.

Catherine said...

This is a nice getaway, i went across Vermount and i am sure Maine is beautiful!