Saturday, July 16, 2011

Yarmouth Clam Festival

Yup, in Maine there is a festival totally devoted to the Clam!! My husband and I went yesterday afternoon and had a great time!! As soon as we got there.. Fried Clams were a must! They are so delicious and the first ones of the season for me. After we enjoyed our clams we set off for the craft area. You wouldn't believe it! Every kind of craft imaginable... pottery, soaps, salsa's, jams, aprons, pictures, photography, spices, toys, clothes and the list continues.
I decided on getting some pottery.. a great item, and egg poacher! It literally takes 30 seconds to poach an egg in the microwave in this piece of pottery.. wonderful!!!



I also got a garlic/oil dipping plate, a book at the giant book/yard sale and some spices and some nuts in varying flavors.... It was a productive day all the way around.


We had a piece of pie, enjoyed the hour long parade and walked around a little bit longer. It was a great day with great weather and to say "Let's Celebrate the Clam",,,,its a good thing!

3 comments:

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

What a fun day! I remember my Dad paying us little kids 25 cents if we ate a clam out of his clam soup! We didn't like them, but the broth was yummy! Love your new garlic/oil dipping plate!

Anita @ Cedar Hill Ranch said...

That sounds like a fun day. I am a new follower.

Joy said...

That pottery is really attractive. I like clams, and shrimp, and lobster, and crab legs, and shrimp scampi, and oysters, and...