Monday, August 22, 2011

Climbing Mt Kathadin

If your not sure where or what Mt. Kathadin is,

 let me tell you.. It's the highest peak in Maine, the end of the Appalachian trail in Millinocket, Maine ...about 3 hours north of my home. My husband and I leave today for a 3 day camping expedition to climb the mountain tomorrow. We leave today to set up camp in Millinocket, climb tomorrow and recover on Wednesday. It should be a great adventure and if, no, WHEN I get to the top, a picture will be taken of me and there will be proof of my determination to get this off my bucket list!!! So, I'll be back on Wednesday with pictures,, Oh, and there is a great thrift store in Millinocket too... going to make a pit stop there before we leave.. (I couldn't go without thrifting????)... have a great day and say a prayer of safety for me!!!

3 comments:

grammie g said...

Hi Tracey....when you get to the top, you won't be any closer to God than you all ready are,but you will see God in all His glory!!

Have a great time, and watch your footing !!

Love ya
Grace

Lola said...

Wow! We're so impressed!

Stay safe!

XOXO Lola & Nora:)

Anita @ Cedar Hill Ranch said...

How exciting. I hope you have fun, what an adventure.