Thursday, August 25, 2011

Rume Bags

I recently saw these bags in an article in a Martha Stewart Food Magazine... I fell in love with them!! I am so tired of buying sandwich bags and throwing them out!! I hate it!!! So these bags were fantastic. I can re-use them and throw them in the dishwasher and have a clean bag for my husbands lunch every day! The large bag fits a big, hearty sandwich.(no more squeezing it in a baggie) and the smaller bag is great for chips, carrot sticks, cookies or anything else that fits my fancy!! I paid 24.73 for the 4 bags and shipping cost as well. I am not a math person, so not sure how many boxes of sandwich bags I'd have to buy to make this work. But the Green Factor is what really sold me.
I also plan on buying myself a great lunch tote too.. one of those stacked metal lunch pails.. love it and can't wait to buy and use it. I love doing what's good for the environment!!  I love my Rume Bags!!!

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Blessings and prayers,
andrea

Anita @ Cedar Hill Ranch said...

What a great idea. I need to get some of these for my daughter's lunch.

Jessica Cangiano said...

This are really neat, I haven't seen before but definitely try them out. Thanks for sharing these eco-friendly bags with us, Tracey.


Big hugs & joyful Sunday wishes,
Jessica

Joy said...

I've never heard of them either. Looks and sounds like a good thing--thrifty in the long run. I do wash and re-use Zip-locks and other stronger freezer bags--as long as they have not had meat in them--those I toss out my kitchen window and they blow down the street and get stuck in the neighbor's trees... (kidding).

artteachergirl said...

I getting some of these!!! What a great idea! I wash the ziplock bags and reuse, but can't do that for long. Always hate tossing them.
I just found your blog and enjoyed it! I'm a southern girl with a heart for New England...I will be back for another visit! Best, Vicki