Sunday, January 22, 2012

A Spending Diet...

I've been reading on the web about not spending any unnecessary money for 31 days.. Well, my diet will go from January 22nd till February 21st, as I do have some things coming up and thought this time period would work best for me. So, no extras... No dinner out, no bottles of wine, no stopping by the drug store for something is saw in the flyer.. Just no extras. I'm keeping my diet to gas, food for my home and paying bills. I love to shop at Goodwill on a regular basis, so this might prove to be a little difficult. My reason: To stop over spending on things I don't need!!! And believe me, there is a lot I don't need. My little home is bursting with exercise tapes and equipment that never seem to get used. Craft Items I can't see to use up. Food that goes unused in my pantry and fridge,(thus throwing away unnecessarily).. I think this will be a good way to start the new year off right. So.. day 1, here it goes!!!

5 comments:

Sea Witch said...

good for you. I have also done the same thing. It hurts at first, but it doesn't take long for the savings to show up.

Contact: said...

Financial diets are great... why are they so hard?? Are you enjoying Little Bee? I was given it by a friend but haven't started it yet.

Fox and Sparrows said...

I should totally do this! I need to cut way back. It is so hard though Tracey!! I would love to hear updates!

Anita Cedar Hill Ranch said...

Sounds great for you, but I am so "
"skierd" to try it!! Let me know how it goes.

jordiegirl said...

Well done Tracey.

I must admit I have a lot of craft stuff too - and keep saying I won't buy more then give in!!!! I've just managed to get into some order by purchasing a large bookcase to stack everything on in the alcove of our spare bedroom - I still can't find everything even though I've labelled most of it!!!

Just finishing off my niece's wedding stationery by doing the Table Plan at the moment - the wedding is on Saturday!!! Phew it has come around really quickly.