Monday, April 9, 2012

No TV

I got rid of my cable television on Saturday.. that means no broadcast television!!  Yes, I still have Netflix and Hulu Plus for those "just gotta see" shows... but the regular TV is no more. I feel liberated!! I am doing, cooking and reading so much more.  I love it! My husband and I actually ate together tonight with no interruptions!! No news, no commercials.. just good old fashion conversation!!  I am an avid sports fan, so this may be a little difficult as time goes on, but I do feel that there was such a waste of time in my life devoted to the television. I think this may help in my overall well being to. Lets see how it goes!

3 comments:

Fox and Sparrows said...

We are the same way over here. No TV. It is awesome! I will say that we still watch too much Netflix but it is nothing compared to how much we would be watching actual TV.

Jessica Dotta said...

Hey there, I found your blog as I surfed! My 3rd grade daughter and I have been cable free for a couple of years now . . . and love it. She reads all the time and we watch Netflix when we just really want it. You're going to love it! Good for you!

Jessica

Brandi said...

I have been trying to convince my husband to get rid of our cable for years. He's a sports fan too and I doubt that he could live without ESPN. How are you managing? We have Netflix, but he says he won't be able to watch the big games without cable TV. Oh well, I tried!