Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Little Pies

I have been wanting a counter top mini pie maker... I really don't want to spend the money on one, so I scoped out Pinterest and found a use for mini canning jars that worked perfectly!

I just washed the canning jars, molded pie crust into each one, filled with filling and topped with a crust. In the oven they went at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes and out came the most perfect little pies for individual servings. I am in love with this new method and think I can come up with a variety of mini pies for my family!! How come I didn't think of this before???
Featured on Adorned from Above http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/06/natural-aftershave-and-wednesdays.html?showComment=1340191535486#c7876426903032879549

7 comments:

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Oh my goodness I LOVE those !!!

Sea Witch said...

You had me at pie. Love this idea and just the right size.

Debi said...

This is a great idea. Thank you so much for linking with Wednesdays Adorned From Above Blog Hop. I can't wait to try this.

Debi Bolocofsky
Adorned From Above
www.adornedfromabove.com

Robyns View said...

I love making pies and other things in those little caning jars. Thanks for sharing this with us on Foodie Friends Friday! I can't wait to see what you link up next week!

~Robyn

Walking on Sunshine... said...

These look adorable and delicious! My hubby is in the military also! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday! Please come back next week with another great recipe!

From Calculus to Cupcakes said...

I love jar cooking! Thanks for linking up on Foodie Friends Friday!

Ericka Breedlove said...

These look like lovely little pies! :) Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday?