Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Celebrate Recovery

Recently I started a 12 step Christian recovery program called Celebrate Recovery.  I have been a heavy drinker in the past, am trying to stop smoking and addicted to Food!! I admit that I have a very addictive personality and restraint is not a normal thing for me. This program is a Christian approach to the twelve steps of AA.
I suppose the first step is to admit that you have a problem and I admit that! I know that my habits and addictions have hurt my spirit, my heart, my relationships and robbed me of joy.  I am excited about this program and am only on week 2... it's opening my eyes, making me really realize that I can't do this alone...I need Jesus' help!
As the days progress I feel stronger and more able to handle certain things. I'm enjoying crafting for the first time in months...no more going out for that smoke... I am rediscovering the wonders in my life and knowing that God is there for me anytime of the day.. I only need to ask and seek Him out.
Please pray for me during my journey... Thanks!

6 comments:

Sea Witch said...

Sending you strength, conviction, a little sense of humor (you will need it) and support your way. Everyone has a little bit of recovery in some aspect of their life. The successful ones recognize when they need to make changes. Prayers and positive thoughts coming your way.

Tracey said...

Thank you so much for the encouraging thoughts! I'll need them,,believe me!

Andrea said...

GOD BLESS YOU! Yes, admitting there is a problem is the first step. Enjoying one step at a time with the support of friends is huge! I am thankful you found a christian support group to help you along the way. We all need love and encouragement when we face the challenges of this life!

Blessings, hugs, and prayers,
andrea

Debbie said...

Tracey...I've bee sober through a 12-step program for 8 years now. It completely changed my life. I have a life second to none because of it...I can't say enough about it. Good for you. Just take it one day at a time. What I discovered is that I was powerless over much more than alcohol...people places and things too. I also have a food addiction and am working on that from time to time! That one is hard for me. I quit smoking 3 years ago and was left with FOOD. I'll get there. You are doing the right thing!! Awesome!

Tracey said...

thanks Debbie for all the encouraging words.. I know that I'll get through this and be better for it! Keep on praying .... I need it!

Ashley Urke | Domestic Fashionista said...

Good for you Tracey! I have heard a lot of great things about Celebrate Recovery! Love to hear about your growth! xo