Friday, November 2, 2012

That Sweet Thing

Do you ever need a sweet thing at the most inconvenient times?? I have a terrible sweet tooth and I really like to have something after dinner to make my evening wonderful!
I was introduced to this great recipe for a 3-2-1 Cake in a Cup... how ingenious to have a single cake in a minute.. Sure to satisfy any sweet tooth that is hankering for something quick...

So here is goes...now remember it's so easy  you'll want your own cake often!

First you'll need to cake mixes...one has to be Angel Food Cake Mix. The other one doesnt' matter, but I love Red Velvet cake so that was my choice.
Next  combine the two mixes in a ziploc quart baggie. Mix, Mix, Mix till they are thoughly combined.
Now the easy part:

3 Tablespoons of cake mix
2 Tablespoons of water
1 minute in the microwave....

3-2-1...Now you can make your own little cake anytime you want to... it's only about 100 calories too!

So, If you like me and NEED a sweet thing... this is the perfect portion size and the right amount of time to invest in making your own cake!!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Haha, Tracey. I had to do that when I was in need of something sweet...it was yummy and fast! Hope you had a great Halloween! xoxo

Joy said...

That is so cool! I've never heard of this. Reminds me of when I was hankerin' for a cupcake so I made a dozen and then realized that one or two would have been enough. This is great. I'm going to do it. And I guess you could add canned frosting too... some pretty sprinkles... Wouldn't these be fun to make for when you have a friend or two join you for coffee??