Monday, July 1, 2013

A beautiful morning

Today I visited a woman from my church. This is a woman who is living for Christ and such an encouragement to me. She is teaching me how to crochet and to Swedish Weave. Two beautiful crafts that are not searched out in today's electronic society like they use to be.
Remember when homemakers knew how to knit, crochet, cross-stitch and cook?? Are we short changing our younger generations? Learning these homemaking skills were part of growing up and learning how to be self-sufficient and to be a good wife.  Have we forgotten these crafts and skill? Are we not passing along skills that will teach our daughters a craft to help them stretch their dollar?
I love learning.. even at 51, it's a desire to be able to create something and pass it along to others.
Do you have a skill that you can pass on to someone in your life that is younger? Don't miss the opportunity to give a precious gift to someone and enrich their life.

No comments: