Friday, January 3, 2014

A Winter Storm

Here in Maine for the past few weeks it has been snowing and cold, cold temperatures. The wind chills are far below zero and with all the white stuff, staying in has been a priority. It's times like this that I really miss my husband. Having to go out and shovel and rake the roof are not things I have typically done while he was at home. This year is very different. This year I'm on my own. I am thankful that I have a neighbor that has been plowing me out and helping with all the shoveling. He is a young man who is very close to my husband and has been looking in on me while he has been in Afghanistan. I am truly blessed. I can say I have a renewed appreciation for my husband and all he has done for me. He has been my helper all these years and his absence has given me a fresh outlook on exactly how much he does around our home. I'm trying not to have a pity party for myself, because God has provided me with help and this year alone has given me a new perspective on life without my spouse. I'm hoping the snow will stop today and the sun will come out and warm things up a bit. Until that happens, my heart is warmed with the deep love I have for my husband and my God.

No comments: