Wednesday, April 9, 2014

A Weighty Issue

My journey to get healthy and fit started exactly one year ago today. A year ago my weight was at 177.5, My blood pressure was 160/90 and my triglycerides were off the charts! I was really unfit and didn't exercise at all. My journey began because I felt I was not taking care of the body that God had given me and not respecting myself to be the best that God wanted for me.  So  I joined a gym that does Zumba and Yoga, no machines for this girl, began a doctor supervised weight loss program and got myself moving and eating according to to my program. During the year I lost weight but I really feel that my biggest accomplishment was regaining a healthy body, one that is now a body that is showing my respect and Love for God our Father. I now weigh 149 pounds,  by blood pressure is usually 116/70 and my triglycerides are at 124...I finally feel good about presenting myself before God and thanking Him for all the blessings he has given to me. By changing my eating habits and making exercise a priority, I've changed my life to benefit my husband, my children and my God!

1 comment:

karlene's mom said...

You've made some amazing life changes. I am inspired. I hope one day I can post something very similar to this!